The underlying values of LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® include the belief in the potential of people, and also the belief that everyone within an organization can contribute to the discussion, solutions, and outcomes. When you as a leader or manager want to gather the total individual and team brain power to work on complex business issues such as developing strategy plans, resolving conflicts, forming and developing teams and working with turnaround and restructuring –then LEGO SERIOUS PLAY is the method of choice.Consider how such gatherings take place –typically as meetings and workshops. Think about all those meetings you have participated in over the years. Just imagine HOW valuable it would be for the organization and the business if everyone left those meeting rooms feeling that:
- everyone’s insight, knowledge and ideas were brought fully to the table.
- other participant’s insight, knowledge and ideas were fully integrated as each person’s insights.
- the entire team had experienced new knowledge, developed clearer perceptions, and greater awareness, gained and delivered informed opinions.
- everyone is MORE confident about what happened in the meeting, that it REALLY will make a difference RIGHT NOW, and they had both the insight and the confidence to make it happen.
- every participant ALSO left these meetings feeling a stronger commitment to go about their work and take action in accordance with what was shared, because the meetings also created a social bond and increased the shared sense of responsibility.
Unfortunately, in too many situations the reality is that people don’t leave such meetings with a sense of what was just described. Too much energy, too many ideas, too many opportunities are lost with the result that people feel less motivated, not involved, not taken seriously. LEGO SERIOUS PLAY deals with exactly that challenge. It is a language, communication tool, problem solving methodology, based on the belief that everyone can contribute to the discussion, the decisions, and the outcome.